Popular question this week
Yes, if you’re studying by distance or on placement you can request books to be sent to your home or placement address.
Before you start:
- Make sure your address is updated in eVision – this is where we’ll send books to.
- Remember that Library emails go to your @otago email address.
- Search for the book you need using Library Search | Ketu.
- Sign in to see all the results and request options available to you.
- Use the 'Refine My Results' filters if needed, for example to limit results by Type to 'books'.
- If the book title appears in the results list, click on ‘Available in the Library’ to see the Request options. If you haven’t already signed in, you’ll need to do this first.
- If you only need part of a book, choose ‘Scan Request’ and we’ll email a PDF to you.
- To have the book sent to you, choose 'Request' and select the pickup location of ‘Home Delivery’ (it’s right at the bottom of the list). If you don’t see this option, choose another pickup location and add a note in the comments field with your address.
- If we don’t have the book you need, you can request an Interloan.
You can find more information on our Guide for Distance students.