Popular question this week
Yes, if you’re studying by distance or on placement you can request books to be sent to your home or placement address.
Before you start:
- Make sure your address is updated in eVision – this is where we’ll send books to.
- Remember that Library emails go to your @otago email address.
- Find the book you need using Library Search | Ketu.
- Sign in to see all the results and request options available to you.
- Use the 'Tweak my results' filters if needed, for example to limit results by Type to 'Books'.
- Click on the title to see the Request options.
- Remember that you won’t be able to place a Home Delivery request if the book’s on Reserve. Just email us at ask.library.otago.ac.nz and we can scan part of the book for you.
- If you only need part of a book, choose ‘Scan Request’ and we’ll email a PDF to you.
- To have the book sent to you, choose 'Request' and select the pickup location of ‘Home Delivery’ (it’s right at the bottom of the list). If you don’t see this option, choose another pickup location and add a note in the comments field with your address.
- If we don’t have the book you need, you can request an Interloan.
You can find more information on our Guide for Distance students.